How we help our clientsÂ
Our litigation team is made up of lawyers, patent and trade mark attorneys, who understand both the complexities of the law and the practical intricacies of the technologies in IP disputes. Â Importantly for our clients, our litigation team works closely with our experienced patent and trade mark attorneys, who already have an in depth understanding of our clientsâ€™ businesses and objectives, as well as having technical knowledge which underpins their IP portfolios.
We handle litigious cases before the specialist and higher courts in the UK, including the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court (IPEC), and the UK Intellectual Property Office. Our successful track record shows that the best dispute resolution team combines the deep technical expertise of patent and trade mark attorneys, along with the specialist litigation skills of solicitors.Â
We have particular expertise in conducting patent and trade mark litigation in the IPEC, where we frequently take advantage of the IPECâ€™s streamlined proceedings, reduced expenses and accessibility for our clients. Our experience of conducting litigation at the IPEC means that, where appropriate, we are best placed to ensure that our clientsâ€™ achieve their objectives without having to resort to the more costly and prolonged nature of proceedings in the High Court. We are proud to be regarded by our clients as the first port of call for IPEC litigation, especially in relation to trade marks, designs and copyright, as the vast majority of disputes in these areas are heard in the IPEC.
We have a strong track-record of achieving success for our clients at trial, however, we are also committed to using alternative forms of dispute resolution (ADR), where appropriate. Our experience includes conducting Â informal negotiation, and employing ADR formats such as mediation and arbitration. Members of the team have particular skills in this area and have settled numerous high value disputes. We put our clientsâ€™ interests first, and will use our extensive expertise in negotiating settlements to achieve this. As a result, we are proud of the fact that we maintain long-lasting relationships with our clients, who recognise that we are here to help achieve their objectives and commercial goals.
With a view to the future, we have the rights to represent clients at the new Unified Patent Court (UPC) in London, Munich and Paris, and already have team members with the necessary high level language skills.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Our experienced trade mark and patent attorneys possess the depth and understanding of our clientsâ€™ businesses and technologies, which is essential to obtaining a successful result in litigation.
- This depth and understanding of our clientsâ€™ objectives is combined with the experience and strategic skills, down to earth approach and unrelenting focus of our lawyers, ensuring the strongest team possible in advancing our clientsâ€™ cases.
- The benefits of our approach are reflected in our strong track-record.
- We are skilled at conducting litigation in the High Court, the IPEC, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, as well as the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Our litigation team provides sound, decisive advice and will give you an honest, jargon-free assessment of the merits of the case, as well as the best strategies to adopt.Â
- We are value and results driven â€“ our team recognise and understand that clients want a commercial result and the aim is not to set legal precedent, but for the infringement to stop and for our client to make a solid return on their investment.
- We strive to avoid prolonged and costly litigation unless it is in our view the best way for our clients to achieve their objectives. Our expertise in ADR and other informal methods of dispute resolution mean that we have all of the tools and know-how at our disposal to ensure the best possible result is achieved.
- We are sensitive and fully understand the implications of multi-jurisdictional litigation.Â
- Our attorneys use our relationships with trusted attorneys in foreign jurisdictions, where necessary, to ensure the effective conduct of the litigation.
- We have experience of representing a broad range of clients across the spectrum of industries - we are proud to represent numerous sector-leading players in industries ranging from pharmaceutical and IT through to chemistry and biotechnology.
- We are a tier one ranked firm in the Legal 500, highlighting the fact that our service delivery is matched only by the depth and expertise our team.