We are delighted to be a part of IP Inclusive’s senior leaders’ think tank and to have signed up to the ‘Leaders’ Pledge’. Its aim is to help senior professionals provide visible and active leadership on improving diversity and inclusion (D&I) in their organisations.
This is a commitment entered into by individuals not organisations. Intended for signature by managing partners, chief executives and others in senior, decision-making roles – in this case, Mathys & Squire partners Alan MacDougall and Caroline Warren – it includes a promise to work alongside more junior colleagues to effect positive changes.
The Leader’s Pledge consists of eight high-level commitments, shown below. Alongside each of these, we commit to one or more practical steps that will take to fulfil the pledge. We have publicised, both internally and externally, to demonstrate that D&I will not be a box-ticking exercise, will not be consigned to silos within the organisation, but will be championed at the highest levels.
1. Providing visible and proactive leadership to improve D&I in my organisation:
2. Taking D&I seriously at the highest level:
3. Embedding and valuing D&I throughout the organisational culture:
4. Building trust and safe spaces throughout the organisation:
5. Educating myself and my colleagues about D&I issues:
6. Sharing my privileges:
7. Insisting on equity:
8. Working closely with HR and management colleagues to achieve this:
Sign up to our mailing list to receive Mathys Matters, our monthly newsletter covering the latest IP news, industry insights, events and case law.
If you are interested in receiving quarterly newsletters relevant to our core sector groups - IT & engineering ('Inside Wires') and life sciences & chemistry ('Under the Microscope') - please select your preference(s) below:
Please select your practice area(s) of interest: