IPO launches IP Access grant funding scheme to help innovative UK-based SMEs
As part of the Intellectual Property Office (IPO)’s Corporate Plan for 2021/22, it aims to offer monetary support to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to help them recover from the consequences Covid-19 has inflicted.
On 25 August 2021, the IPO launched a scheme called ‘IP Access’, which targets businesses with ambitions to innovate and grow. The goal is to remove barriers to innovation, which can include lacking confidence to invest in their intellectual property (IP), but also to help them explore new revenue streams and to minimise risks to their business.
IP Access is a targeted support scheme with a maximum contribution of up to £5,000 (inclusive of VAT) available for eligible businesses in the UK. The scheme is an extension of the IPO’s IP Audit programme, and businesses that were awarded part-funding for an IP audit between April 2020 and March 2022 are eligible to apply for additional funding through the new IP Access scheme. The grant can be used to cover the costs of management of IP assets, IP insurance and valuation and tax relief advice, as well as professional fees for IP services. Applications are now open and will close on 31 March 2022 – for more information, email [email protected].
Mathys & Squire IP services
We expect considerable demand for these new funds, so an early consultation to discuss your requirements and desired next steps is advised. The Mathys & Squire team can help with the below IP services and more; get in touch with a member of our team to discuss in further detail:
- Creating and executing an effective IP commercialisation strategy
- Competitive intelligence detailing both IP landscape information and market intelligence
- Creating and introducing IP policies for your business
- IP commercialisation training
- IP valuations
- Licensing and/or selling your business’ IP
- Updating your IP audit to address new developments in the business since your original audit took place
- Whitespace analysis to find new opportunities to generate revenues