- Registration Of Trade Marks
- Trade Mark Searching
- Proper Use Of Trade Marks
- Countries Of Europe
- Madrid Protocol Countries
- Trade Mark Classifications
- Management Of Trade Mark Portfolios
- Exploitation Of Trade Marks
- Oppositions & Validity Challenges In The UK
- Domain Names
- Domain Name Registration & Dispute Resolution
- Securing Trade Mark Registration
- Strengthen Brands By Registering Trade Marks
- Trade Marks, Domain Names & Company Names
- Contentious Trade Mark Issues
- Business Advice
Our specialist trade mark attorneys protect the rights of leading global brand owners in markets as diverse as automotive, consumer goods, sports, food and drink, clothing, pharmaceuticals and leisure.
Meet The Team
Our trade mark practice offers a full range of services which includes :
- Securing the registration of trade marks in the UK, Europe and worldwide
- Carrying out trade mark searches
- Advising on management of trade mark portfolios
- Advice on exploitation of trade mark portfolios
- Undertaking trade mark oppositions and other validity challenges
- Enforcing trade marks and associated rights, often in cooperation with professional colleagues
- Domain name registration and dispute resolution
- Counselling clients on trade mark opportunities and risks
We understand that the value of a brand can be enormous. Investments in product design, launching a product or service, and in sustaining marketing can be considerable. We have the expertise to protect the commercial value of customer goodwill, create tradable business assets, and manage risk.
Our specialist trade mark department advises brand owners or their representatives across all fields of industry on the benefits of securing trade mark registrations and how to strengthen brands by registering trade marks. We advise on all aspects of trade marks, including creation, searching, registration and enforcement. Our primary aim is to help our clients secure strong trade mark rights and protect their chosen trade marks throughout the world from potential misuse by third parties.
We work with clients at an early stage to advise on features that should sensibly be protected (such as brand names, logos, slogans, product appearance, artwork, colour, packaging, get-up and even sounds) and those that carry high risk. We routinely advise upon how brand protection might best be achieved; often overlapping trade mark and design strategies, as well as taking into account the effects of domain names and company names. We know you need to move quickly and therefore so do we.
We adopt a commercial approach to the resolution of conflicts and disputes, preferring to pursue negotiated solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We are, however, equally adept at conducting more formal procedures to challenge or enforce rights should this become necessary.