'Future strategies in a world of uncertainty: new rules, innovation and competition' is the theme for the¬†11th IP World Summit 2017, which this year takes place in Amsterdam from 25-27 September.¬†
Mathys & Squire's¬†Ilya Kazi has been invited to chair a discussion¬†around 'Patent strategy and alternatives to patenting, for smaller¬†portfolios' which¬†will be part of the Small to Medium Sized IP Portfolios Stream, a series of talks targeted towards those with smaller portfolios and IP teams to encourage them to gain the greatest value from their IP.¬†
The discussion will cover:
- How to manage the mix of patents: how to decide how many patents to file?
- Defining the strategy: should we protect our inventions in five countries in Europe or all around the world?
- Should you make individual decisions for each patent or should there be one global policy?
- Can you do more with less? Is it possible to increase the efficiency of prosecution?
- When should you consider the trade secret, registered design or copyright routes instead of filing for a patent?
Jan-Willem Goedmakers, Head of IP, Stamicarbon
Martin Ekelund, Vice President Legal and IPR, Freebit
Susanne Ahlberg, General Counsel, Genovis AB
Dr Marcus Kretzschmar, Director Intellectual Property and¬†Legal, Molecular Partners
When:¬†Tuesday 26th September 2017¬†
Time: 15.40 - 16.10¬†
Where:¬†Postillion Hotel Amsterdam,¬†Paul van Vlissingenstraat 8,¬†Amsterdam 1096 BK,¬†The Netherlands