Mathys and Squire LLP recognises that we all have a responsibility to protect our environment and, consequently, would wish to take a lead with employees, suppliers and other stakeholders by making such considerations an important business objective. In developing and operating a policy in such respects the LLP would wish to make the requirements of legislation and environmental regulation the minimum standards to be observed.
In partnership with its employees the LLP would make and observe a number of commitments, which are set out in the following statement.
Mathys & Squire LLP will:
- Work to minimise any waste produced in the course of our business activities. For example the LLP will aim to store and communicate documents in electronic form, wherever possible.
- Adopt an environmentally conscious procurement policy. The LLP will aim to procure recyclable materials, such as paper, print cartridges and drinking cups. We will also procure equipment with inherent power saving functionality.
- Encourage employees to turn off all electrical equipment, such as personal computers, laptops and photocopiers when not in use.
- Encourage employees to turn off any room lighting when not in use.
- Encourage a culture where tele- and video-conferencing are used whenever possible to reduce business travel, without disruption or threat to our success and client relationships.
- Work constructively with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to promote observance of its environmental commitments.
The LLP will periodically review performance, wherever possible, on the commitments contained in this statement.